This week I made the process of creation and animation of the facial expressions of the characters. I used a very useful tool in the 3D artist's background, BlendShapes. This technique is used to deforme an object in a determine way from the original model. In this way, I first copied the face in its original state and the from the copy I modified it to create another facial expression, like moving the mouth. The BlendShape tool creates a shape transition between this two models, making the animation of the facial expression natural and fluid. The deformations of the objects are controlled by a controller for each specific area. I made an special effort for create a user interface to manage easily the movements of the face like eyebrows, eyes, etc. making the animation process easy. In this way, when the animator has to modified the mouth for example he doesn't has to go inside each component to modify it, instead he can do it from the user interface of controllers I made; also making possible make differentes movements like eyes and mouth at the same time.
Con la tecnología de Blogger.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(47)
- ► septiembre (7)
-
▼
agosto
(12)
- Inspiration Artefact and Forefront: Week 30 "Subst...
- Evaluation and Reflection: Week 30
- Creative and technical process: Week 30. Alembic ...
- Evaluation and Reflection: Week 29
- Inspiration Artefact and Forefront: Week 29 "Wall ...
- Creative and technical process: Week 29. Blend Sha...
- Evaluation and Reflection: Week 28
- Creative and technical process: Week 28. Maya Expr...
- Inspiration Artefact and Forefront: Week 28 "Chame...
- Evaluation and Reflection: Week 27
- Creative and technical process: Week 27. Constrain...
- Inspiration Artefact and Forefront: Week 27 Pinksw...
Popular Posts
-
Surprising Popeye and Peanutes remakes are going to be launched in 2016 and 2015 respectively by Sony Pictures and Blue Sky studi...
-
Kid THis character was special, because I had a clear idea how he will look. Main influence was the future film "Praranorman...
-
ODD Beautiful Short film that has to much to say This short film has a simple story, impeccable aesthetics and it is nice to see. ...
-
Storyboard Storyboard is a graphic tool that help to organize every shot of a film or audiovisual piece, using illustrations or image ...
-
Rendering has always been a very discussed issue in animation, according to Scott Metzger, CG Supervisor, rendering can be compared wi...
-
DyneMesh Is a Zbrush tool that allow combine objets to the model and making it one. This proccess is more similar ...
-
Arnold is a ray tracing renderer created to supply feature-length animation and visual effects needs. It was originally co-developed w...
-
City development My final project is very ambitious in environment terms, for this reason we need to be creative to creat a lively ...
-
One of the key points of the process has been the use of Constraints in Maya as a vital tool for rigging. This tool helps you to set t...
-
Rotarypark ? This animated serie is in its first episodie the story is not clear, if you feel lost and do not have a way you can g...
About Me
- juan
- Hi! I'm Juan Lozano. I'm a 3D designer, currently studying MA Animation at Hertfordshire University. Feel free to check my work and say Hi, thanks.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario